Angrezi Medium Hoping For A Repeat Of Hindi Medium
Thursday 12 March 2020 10.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Follow Us Twitter logo link

Angrezi Medium will be hoping for a repeat of Hindi Medium but it will be no easy task. Hindi Medium was not a film which reached a big audience with 54 lakhs footfalls in India and then a so so response on satellite and because of that it is one of those films which is difficult to make a franchise.

 

 

Hindi Medium was a very liked film in Delhi NCR as it did around 17.50 crore nett in this belt (Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon and Faridabad). This is 28% of its all India collections from just 90 odd cinemas while the rest 72% came from 700 apprx cinemas. 

 

 

The biggest issue for the film will be is that this time the film goes out of Delhi which was a huge scoring point last time as the director got the authenticity correct and the Delhi NCR audience lapped it up. This one is a Rajasthan and Overseas set film which will make it tough for it do the business of Hindi Medium in NCR as the area tends to do much better which are based in the region unless of course they are star driven.

 

 

The director will also not give much hope as has made films like Being Cyrus, Finding Fanny and Cocktail. The last named worked in urban centres due to the music but its hardly what you call cinema and the less said about the first two the better. Basically its that European cinema again mainly from the director though some credit to Angrezi Medium is that it does not look in that zone but with these directors the look can be deceiving and in the film they have that typical european strory telling which gets rejected all over barring five centres and these five depend on whether they accept the concept or not.

 

 

The plus for the film is a better cast with the addition of Kareena Kapoor but eventually its a concept film which will depend on collections post Monday so how much a star addition helps with these types is always open to question. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Advertisement

Advertisement

More on Box Office India
Latest Releases
Rating 53.28%
Rating 75.91%
Rating 52.14%
2.0
Rating 72.78%
Rating 42.95%
Rating 73.75%
Rating 82.22%
Rating 86.07%
Rating 85.94%

Advertisement

Top India First Weekend All Time
See Full List
Top India Third Week Nett Grossers All Time
See Full List
Boxoffice 2020
USA / Canada Top First Weekend All Time
See Full List

Advertisement